Monday, March 31, 2008

A Bad Dream

I had a weird and terrible dream last night. Really terrible.. woke up with a confused state of mind and i knew i cried in my dream several times. All because i dreamt that my china colleague (whom i think looks like Chen Xiao Chun) commited suicide.. in front of me somemore.. zzz..

I remembered i was knocked off from work.. he asked me if i wanna join him for dinner, and i agreed. He then drove me to somewhere.. i think it was his house with a big garden. I was looking around in the garden when he called his wife and told her he had put his keys amongst the pebbles in the pond.. and the next moment i knew......

BANG!!

He fired a shot to himself.. and he collapsed onto the floor.

(Ok the funny part comes in here. Normally people would juz aim their heads when they fire a shot right, but he aimed his throat instead. Whats more, he could still stand up after a while.. as if everything was normal. And his wound looks like.. looks like the picture KY posted up on his blog showing the part behind his ear that was kena hit by the paintball. lol.. KY!! I MUST HAVE SEEN YOUR PHOTO DEN GOT THIS NIGHTMARE!!! )

I was already crying by then. I remembered asking someone beside me ( dunno who it was) why he fired at his throat instead of his head.. and the reply was that firing on the throat will not die so fast.. can survive for a while more. Weird right.. machiam need to wait for a few hours den the effect will kick in den die. zzZZz..

And so, my colleague didnt die straight after he fired. He stood up and we continued to walk out to buy our dinner. I could see him starting to deteriorate and couldnt walk straight. I was so scared that i kept crying and ask him why he wanted to do that. But he didnt want to reply me. I pleaded him to go hospital since there was still time to cure.. and his replied was "你知道我在医院躺了三天吗?他们都没办法把我的病治好!" (so i assumed maybe he gotten some terminal disease so commit suicide to take the easy way out ba)

I got more saddened and cried as the thought of him dying soon visited my mind as he was the only person who would initiate to strike a conversation during lunch time.. without him, lunch would be so dead.

We continued to walk towards a car park and that car park seems to be one of those near the old ZHSS. There was a huge crowd over there with teachers and students.. and it seemed that they were there to see his 最后一面.. Weird right.. as if the news of him committing suicide spread damn fast. There was even a stage with singers.. and i still remembered one of the singers sang Leona Lewis's "Run".. hahaha.. For that moment, the role of my colleague in my dream had become my teacher instead.

The next scene happened to be at my house.. apparently i had just returned from the "wake" and it was only the first day im back from Shanghai. I picked up my phone and wanted to make a call.. i dialed '12593 0065.....' and i suddenly remembered im already back in SG.. no longer need to dial '12593' for low calling rate from Shanghai to SG. hahaha..

And then i woke up.

Feeling very confused and started asking myself where i was.. and wondering if everything happened was true.. did my colleague really die??? i turned and saw ZZ. Ok, Thank God it was all a dream.

Everything in the dream felt so true that i was only convinced that it was a dream after i saw my colleague alive and kicking at work today. And it felt strange seeing him again though.

No comments: